Monday, November 26, 2012

Romney siting

I had the chance to go to a GOP rally and see Paul Ryan the day before elections.  It was so fun!  We left the kids with some friends, drove 2 hours to Ohio and got to meet some really nice people!
  If that isn't cool enough, I got a phone call from a friend who got word of Mitt Romney coming to Pittsburgh on election day!  She and I loaded the kids up in her Tahoe and headed out to the airport to check it out. 

 We waited for about 2 hours in the 'crisp' November air.  The kids did great.  (I brought the portable DVD player and they watched Aladdin)
 I know you can't see us, but Alex and I (and our 5 kids combined) are on the top level of the parking structure.  When we got here there was only about 25 people.  By the time we left there was over 1000.  This wasn't even an official 'rally'.  Don't let the media fool you.  Even though he didn't win, he had so much support. 

Thanks Governor Romney!  It was a good campaign. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I think it would be awesome to see the president/candidate someday. I had a friend who was stationed at the White House during Obama's inauguration and I was so jealous! He is very much republican so was not at all happy to be there but I had to point out that it's still a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him. Most people will never see an inauguration!
    But it certainly wouldn't hurt for that inauguration to be one of a president you like ;]

    ReplyDelete